Friday 8 February 2008

31/01/08 - 07/02/08

Games I've been playing this week:

So, this week I borrowed a Nintendo DS (not the lite, we're not that posh) from the IOCT, along with a couple of games.


Brain Age: Quite addictive, especially Sudoku (which I'd previously never played before). It can get quite frustrating though, such as when you write the correct answer and it misreads it and marks you down! I think I got my brain age down to 27 at one point, which was nice. Mostly it was just nice to work on my mental maths for the first time in ages.

The Sims 2: I was rather confused by this game. I've played the first Sims game and I was expecting a similar thing, where I'd build a house and fill it with people and try to keep them happy. Instead I was thrown into what seemed very much like an RPG, where I had to collect objects and complete mission goals. Other than the fact that I had some sort of relationship with other Sims and I could move furniture around, there didn't seem to be much in common with the normal Sims game. Building things and putting things in them has always been my favourite part of sim/management games, so this game was fairly disappointing (yes, I'm the guy who makes sure he buys enough benches to be put against all the walls in Theme Hospital).